This magnificent Tudor style building was designed in 1847 by the renowned railway architect, Benjamin Green, and built using Northumbrian freestone, for the Newcastle and Berwick Railway. The East Coast Main Line adjacent is still live.
The waiting rooms at the south end of the house, allegedly used by the Duke of Northumberland, have been converted for use as a self contained self catering annexe.
The station is a short drive from the very popular and beautiful coastal village of Warkworth. See www.warkworth.co.uk for current information about Warkworth village.