The Old Dam is an attractive detached self-catering cottage nestling in a peaceful spot in the village of Cowgill and less than five miles from Dent’s quaint cobbled village within the Yorkshire Dales National Park. Accommodating six guests the cottage has three bedrooms and affords incredible far reaching views up to Arten Gill viaduct in the distance where the Settle to Carlisle railway passes (an impressive sight!). Providing an ‘away from it all’ retreat, yet within walking distance of a pub, The Old Dam offers all the comforts of home and is perfect for a break or longer holiday whatever the season.
• Porch where you can store boots and coats.
• Hall with cupboard providing more storage for outdoor gear.
• Sitting room with comfy seating, television, DVD player and stone fireplace housing a multi-fuel stove. Wooden beams and lovely views of the garden and surrounding countryside from the windows add the charm of this room.
• Study which again has beams and exposed stone wall. A good place for those who need to catch up with the outside world or want a quiet moment.
• Spacious beamed farmhouse kitchen with bespoke handmade units, Belfast sink, LPG Rayburn with oven, additional oven and hob, woodburning stove and dining table with chairs. A cosy welcoming place for enjoying supper at the end of the day.
• Side hall and cloak room with WC and wash basin.
• Landing (with airing cupboard) leading off to…
• Master bedroom with double bed and lovely countryside views.
• Second double bedroom.
• Twin bedroom.
• Family bathroom with double ended bath (with mixer tap and shower attachment) and wash basin.
• Separate WC.
Outside: The gardens are large with plenty of space for the children to let off steam and adults to relax with lawn, borders, looking across Arten Gill beck with Arten Gill viaduct high above in the distance, stone workshop (ideal for bike storage) and private parking.
Additional information: Prices include heat and light, a fuel pack for the fire, all bedding, towels, Wi-Fi and private parking.