Pulham Market Station was situated on the Waveney Valley Line which opened in 1855 and served from Tivetshall Station on the Norwich/London line to Beccles.
Pulham Market Station enjoyed the longest platform on the Waveney Valley Line as it provided facilities for troops to embark and disembark when accessing the nearby Pulham Air Station where the 'Pulham Pigs' airships were based. At its height, the Pulham Air Station employed approximately 2500 troops.
The Waveney Valley Line closed to passenger traffic in 1953 and to freight in 1966. Currently, approximately 100 feet of platform is included with the station and a further 156 feet exists beyond.
The property has been carefully restored and renovated by the vendor, a local builder and railway enthusiast, retaining many original features combined with a comfortable and practical home. The majority of the properties associated with the Waveney Valley Railway were in the Italiante style of architecture.