Once in a decade or two a station and dream house comes on the market. Coalport Station is one of those moments. It’s come on the open market. Not only is it in a very picturesque setting it also has a self-catering business attached via two SK1 carriages generating an income that is enough to pay for any mortgage on the place and still have enough left over for a decent living. The current owners have spent over 14 years bringing and renovating the grounds, platforms, carriages and most importantly the house up to a high standard. Trouble is they are compulsive entrepreneurs and one of their other companies has now reached global sales on a very specialised product, that they can no longer devote any of their time (which was only a few hours a week) to Coalport Station. In fact they will now have to commute between France, Germany and Shropshire as well as the occasional Asian and USA trip. So Coalport is up for sale to sympathetic and appreciative people.
Coalport Station West was once the Station for Coalport which was opened in 1863 and served the local community. It was formerly part of the Severn Valley line, 2 stops north from Bridgnorth, situated two miles downstream from the historic town of Ironbridge. Telford town centre is five miles north and offers excellent facilities, including rail links and access to the M54. Birmingham is under an hour away with London and Manchester only a few hours’ travel by car/train.
Coalport Station is set in the scenic beauty of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ironbridge Gorge with its 10 heritage museums tourist and other attractions.
Included in the Sale are;
· Hallway, Cloakroom/Boot Room, WC, Kitchen, Lounge, Dining room, Study/Library, 2 Ground Floor Bedrooms (with shared En-Suite Shower WC), 3 First Floor Bedrooms, En-Suite WC, Family Bathroom/ WC.
· Situated on the opposite platform currently used by the vendors as an office.
Two railway standard goods vans:
· Used as workshops /storage and two standard garden sheds used as bicycle storage and guest equipment.
Two luxuriously equipped Railway Carriages : Currently run as self-catering accommodation . Visit http://www.coalportstation.com/
· Carriage 1: Hall vestibule Open Plan Living / Kitchen / Dining Room, 3 Bedrooms, 1 double En-Suite with Whirlpool bath/wc, 2 separate twin bedrooms plus separate Family Shower Room/WC
· Carriage 2: Lounge, Kitchen/Diner, 2 Bedrooms (both with en-suite wet rooms each with Whirlpool baths and walk-in showers/wc).
Own grounds of over 2 acres:
· Lawns to front and to sidings, as well as extensive wooded grounds with a woodland walk.
Although Station House is currently being used as a substantial family home it could be easily be converted to additional holiday accommodation.
Viewing strictly by appointment through www.nicktart.com Nick Tart Estate Agents – 01952 433422 – property ref: http://www.nicktart.com/property-for-sale/telford-coalport/tf8-7jf/1732342