Station House was built in 1868 as the Station master’s house at the final stop on the Sutherland Railway. It has been recently renovated but retains many of the original features. This spacious four bedroomed house can accommodate eight people easily in three double rooms and one twin room. Two of the rooms are en-suite with a further family bathroom. The former ticket office has been converted into a large sitting room and dining area. The house has oil central heating with an open fire in the sitting room.
Station house is located on the platform with three doors opening directly onto the platform. There are four trains daily in each direction between 8:30am and 8:30pm.
Golspie is a small highland coastal village in Sutherland with various attractions including Dunrobin Castle, golf course, swimming pool, mountain bike trails and many interesting walks and beaches. For those interested in wildlife there is plenty to see including seals, red deer, otters, dolphins, red kites and ospreys.