Levisham Station House is a heritage haven on the most remote station of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. The lovingly restored former Station Master’s house offers a chance for guests to step back in time for a unique holiday experience.
The house is furnished to reflect the pre-war era, but with discretely added mod cons for guests’ convenience. It comfortably sleeps 6(7) on two floors:
• double en-suite bedroom (with an optional extra single bed)
• two twin bedrooms, all rooms with stunning views of the trains and station
• sitting room with wood burner, wind up gramophone and a discrete TV/DVD
• former ticket office with comfy seating for train watching and quiet reading
• first floor bathroom with traditional-style suite and electric shower
• kitchen with traditional sink and range (and a pantry full of mod cons!)
• sitting room with woodburner and wind-up gramophone (plus a sneaky TV!)
• hallway complete with harmonium, for the musically minded
• large lawned front garden, fenced for dogs
• private gravelled back garden with parking
New for 2021 – a new accessible downstairs shower room and toilet may be hired at an additional weekly rate. Suitable for larger groups and for those with limited mobility. Please enquire when booking. Also new – patios front and back and access by a new path to the garden from the back yard.
Subject to Covid-19 restrictions, guests may use our special NYMR discount card which gives 50% off tickets bought from Levisham Station. Steam trains run hourly in peak season, between Pickering and Grosmont, with a service onwards to Whitby. The area is popular with walkers and cyclists, and offers a peaceful winter retreat.
Children are welcome but the house is not equipped for little ones and parents need to be aware of hazards beyond the front door.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome downstairs at no charge extra, but if we have to pay for additional cleaning afterwards we will pass the cost on.
Accessibility – bedrooms and the main bathroom are upstairs. A downstairs accessible bathroom may be hired at extra cost. Thresholds to front and back doors, steps up to the station platform.
Price increase from 2022 – we have held our prices since 2018 but will need to increase them by £30 p.w. for new bookings from 2022.