Levisham Station House is a heritage haven on the most remote station of the North Yorkshire Moors Railway. The lovingly restored former Station Master’s house offers a chance for guests to step back in time for a unique holiday experience.
The house is furnished to reflect the pre-war era, but with discretely added mod cons for guests’ convenience. It comfortably sleeps 6(7) on two floors:
• double en-suite bedroom (with an optional extra single bed)
• two twin bedrooms, all rooms with stunning views of the trains and station
• sitting room with wood burner, wind up gramophone and a discrete TV/DVD
• former ticket office with comfy seating for train watching and quiet reading
• first floor bathroom with traditional-style suite and electric shower
• kitchen with traditional sink and range (and a pantry full of mod cons!)
• sitting room with woodburner and wind-up gramophone (plus a sneaky TV!)
• hallway complete with harmonium, for the musically minded
• large lawned front garden, fenced for dogs
• private gravelled back garden with parking
New since 2021 – an accessible downstairs shower room and toilet may be hired at an additional weekly rate. Suitable for larger groups and for those with limited mobility. Please enquire when booking.
Trains run daily April-October, stopping outside the house. We encourage guests to pre-book and consider joining the NYMR for discounted tickets as well as supporting the railway.
Children are welcome but the house is not equipped for little ones and parents need to be aware of hazards beyond the front door.
Well-behaved dogs are welcome downstairs, for an extra charge of £20 for up to 2 dogs.
Covid-19 – despite the lifting of all restrictions, we continue with best-practice to minimise the risk of spreading infection. Guests are expected to do the same.
Accessibility – Please note, the bedrooms and the main bathroom are upstairs. A downstairs bathroom with walk-in shower and WC may be hired at extra cost. A new wheelchair-friendly path has been built across the back yard to the back porch area, but there are thresholds to front and back doors, and steps up to the station platform.
A last-minute cancellation for the queen’s Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday means we can offer a rare week at Levisham Station House in an otherwise fully-booked year. Cost is £850 – first come, first served!